Saturday, December 15, 2007

Presentation Schedule

Alright, so here is the schedule up to spring break. First come, first serve so just post on the blog what date you want to present. I will try to keep this as up to date as possible. In your comment not only post what date you are presenting but also provide us with what topic you are covering and kind of a quick synopsis about it/your presentation. I will try to provide an example in an actual comment on this post. Remember...you can be with one other person for a presentation if you choose to! You are also responsible for breakfast the day you sign up (donuts, bagels, etc.)Ok, here is the schedule of meetings...

Presentation Dates:
January 10: Brooks Kanski
January 17: Matt Fons & Patti S.
January 24: Isa W-H & Ian Francis
January 31: Joseph Ruybal
February 7: Tim Johnson, PhD: Medical Physicist
February 14: Daniel Huh
February 21: OPEN
February 28: OPEN
March 6: OPEN
March 13: OPEN
March 20: OPEN

Also, if you know any physicians or professionals in the medical field that would like to come in and informally speak try to set something up and let me know, those dates will take precedence over everything else.

Brooks

6 comments:

mattf said...

hey, so I got connections galore (or however you spell it), I'm in a med prep class, where we usually have about 2 guest speakers for the last semester, and many more next semester. Anyway, my teacher has connections anywhere and in any field, If you need a number of someone or are looking for a guest speaker, let me know with plenty of time in advance and I'll do my best to help with whatever you're looking for free of charge.

mattf said...

sign me up for the 17th. I want to do a lesson on medical terminology... trust me sounds boring but it'l be fun.

brooksk said...

awesome Matt, great idea, I am glad you are presenting on something other than the actual science. Thanks for the diversity and I trust you will do a great job.

Patti S. said...

Hello I my name is Patti and I'm a Junior at AHS. I am presently taking to same Heath Sciences Technology program that Matt is and I can help him get guest speakers as well. I will be working with Matt on the Medical Terminology presentation on the sevententh and we will most likely do another presentaton later in the semester on Alternative Medicines or Cardiology. I just wanted to introduce myself and say this sounds awesome :-)

shamitap said...

Awesome blog! I will be letting you know what and when I want to present! Thanks!

Dan said...

Hey Brooks,
January seems to be pretty busy for me, but I can definitely present on February 7th. I want to focus on the brain for my presentation. I'm not sure whether to explain diseases to the brain or the structure of the brain. The diseases I am looking at are Parkinson's disease and Tuberous Sclerosis. I'll let you know as soon as possible Brooks. Thanks
Dan